I figured I should have at least one post here . . . and it's on me that I've neglected this space for more than ten years (eleven year and a bit more). 

In my defense, I have more than 3,000 posts in my blog-of-choice (HERE). 

Honest, I'd forgotten about this space and it was only upon seeing the Avatar for this blog in a comment I left that I said to myself:

"Hey, self; do you think that blog you set up is still there?"

And, of course, it was. So, I updated a few things and I now need a post so that I can see what it looks like once published. 

Oh, I almost forgot! I need a photo or two and maybe even a video to see how it works.

Muscovy Duck

Hmm . . . not as much control as with WordPress and also no automatic resizing to fit the available canvas. That could be a pain. Also  pain to have it open in a different window or tab. I'll have to see how it shows when clicked.

Yes, it's from 2014 . . . I just grabbed something at random.

Let's see about videos. First, from YouTube:


Hmm . . . again, no automatic fitting to the window. Too bad. I tried the preview, but it's not a "live" preview as the links didn't work and the video didn't play when clicked on it. 

I'm beginning to see why I picked WordPress (and its irritating quirks) versus Blogger (and these irritating quirks). 

Anyway, this will be my fist post . . . wait; is there a way to enter a gallery? Let me check.







Hmm . . .I don't see an option for a gallery. I suppose I could embed a gallery from an outside source, but that seems odd since all of these are in my Google Photos and in an album to begin with. 

I'll have to research that. 

Let me try one of my videos from Vimeo . . . 

https://vimeo.com/642086991

Hmm . . . neither the embedding or the link resolve into the video — which stands to reason because Google has YouTube . . . which also doesn't integrate here all that well. 

Well, this post has come to an end and I'm about to publish it.

Frankly, I can't see me adding many more posts unless I'm just bored and having fun. The interface is clunky, the features are sparse, and overall it doesn't seem to address even the most basic needs of modern-day bloggers. 

I'm sure some will disagree. Some will point out to hidden tricks and stuff to enhance the experience . . . all I have to say is "Why are they hidden?"

Make my content creation seamless and intuitive and adaptive to my needs, and I'm likely to return . . . but, nearly 12 years have passed since my last visit, and I just don't see what the developers have been working on all this time. 

Again, perhaps it's just me. 

ttfn

 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartbeat Post